Field Trip Program Assistant
Reports to: Field Trip Program Lead
Hours: up to 20 hours/week
Type: seasonal (March – August), hourly position (works on-site)
Field Trip Overview: CWB is a living museum – a place where you are encouraged to touch, build, sail, and learn. Our Field Trips use the marine environment and classic wooden boats to engage students in the Pacific Northwest’s unique culture, history, and environment. We provide hands-on educational opportunities year-round for students from pre-school through high school. Programs are aligned with state standards in history, social studies, math, science, and fitness. Most of our Field Trips feature exploring Lake Union in an umiaq, a traditional skin-on-frame boat paddled like a canoe. Our umiaqs are stable and easy to paddle even for small children. This position works with our Field Trip Program Lead to deliver on the water experiences to youth of all ages.
- Comfortable on the water
- Willingness and ability to interact with the public youth and school groups
- Able and willing to paddle umiak boats
- Ability to work with children of all ages
- Comfortable speaking and interacting with the public
- Comfortable working in all types of weather for the entirety of each shift (rain gear provided)
- Comfortable around the water and on moving docks
- Patience and a positive attitude
- Prior experience teaching and working with children
- Any previous experience with boats
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Position open until filled. The Center for Wooden Boats is an equal opportunity employer.