Cama Beach State Park, Camano Island
Full time, approx. 3 month position — beginning June 12th through Labor Day September 4th 2017.
Preliminary work schedule: up to 45 hours per week, days to be determined.
Must be available to work weekends. Compensation: $11.00 per hour, plus up to 5 hours overtime.
3 positions available.
The Cama Beach Livery Assistant is responsible for the safe and functional operation of CWB’s fleet of rental boats onsite at Cama Beach State Park. The assistant will work closely with CWB Livery Manager, livery lead, other staff, and volunteers to ensure boats are maintained and operated safely.
Located on Saratoga Passage of Puget Sound, the Cama Beach livery is a seasonal, salt-water operation bringing people of all ages and skill-levels into contact with historic small boats.
The assistant will carry strong skills related to the operation and use of various small craft, outboard driven vessels, kayaks, and rowboats – sailing and/or boatbuilding skills desired.
– Experience with small motor, paddle, or sail boat operation.
– Ability to perform physically strenuous work in exposed conditions.
– Ability to interact with the public and work alongside volunteers.
– Basic carpentry experience.
– Interest in and passion for maritime history.
– Ability to pass criminal background check.
– Washington State Safe Boating Card or ability to obtain one once hired.
– Prepare CWB Cama site and livery boats for summer season.
– Daily assistance in operation of CWB Cama Beach livery.
– Work with youth and adult volunteers.
– Assist delivery of youth and adult programs, with help from CWB Cama staff.
– Conduct light maintenance on CWB livery and support boats.
TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter to the Cama Beach Manager at email@example.com. The cover letter should describe why you are interested in this position and discuss your boating and customer service experience.
Open until filled. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. The Center for Wooden Boats is an equal opportunity employer.