ways to give
MAKE A DONATION – Your contribution to The Center for Wooden Boats allows us to serve the community with hands-on learning opportunities for people of all ages. As a direct-experience museum, we believe in providing programs that engage and inspire and educate. Your support keeps us going, and there are as many ways as there are reasons to donate!
If you have not already informed us of your gift, please write, fax or call The Center for Wooden Boats to do so. Donor names may not transfer with the shares. You may fax us a copy of the request letter you send to your broker. To ensure your gift is used to support the area you wish, we need confirmation of the number and kind of shares you have given, as well as the designation.
|CWB Tax ID number:||91-1061721|
When you authorize the stock transfer you will need to provide the following information:
- Name of registered owners of the shares
- Name of eligible brokerage
- Account holder address and daytime telephone number
- Whether you will list your name or remain anonymous
Per IRS rules, The Center for Wooden Boats credits a stock donation the day it is received in the Center’s account, not the date of transfer from the donor’s account. Also per IRS rules, it is the donor’s responsibility to value an in-kind gift. CWB’s acknowledgement letter will cite the number of shares received, but no dollar amount. Please consult your attorney and/or tax advisor regarding the special regulations and requirements related to stock and other non-cash gifts, including the substantiation necessary to claim a charitable deduction, if applicable.
If you’d like to make a donation of stock, contact our Development Team:
- Go to www.donatingiseasy.org
- Select “Donate Online”
- Fill in form and under “Non-profit Info” select “The Center for Wooden Boats”
DONATE VIA AmazonSmile
Donate while you shop! Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to a Charity of your choice. If you would like The Center for Wooden Boats to benefit from your online shopping follow the steps below!
- Go to www.smile.amazon.com and log in if need be.
- Where it says “pick your own charitable organization,” type in The Center for Wooden Boats and select CWB from the Search results.
- If you have already selected a charity and would like to change it to The Center for Wooden Boats, you can switch your charity by clicking on the Supporting: at the top of the page. This will bring up a drop down box and at the bottom of the box it says Change your Charity. When you click on this it will bring you back to the original page where you can pick the charity of your choice as described in the previous step.
memorials & honoraria
Honor an individual or a family through your gift to CWB
You can commemorate friends and family on a special occasion or pay tribute to a loved one with a memorial or honorary gift to CWB.
To make a memorial or honorary gift online, click on the Donate button below. Please help us direct your gift appropriately by noting “In memory” or “In honor” in the Donation page comments box.
If you want the honoree or the family of a memorial gift to be notified of your donation, please include a mailing address. (Notification to honorees/families will include your name and address, but not the amount of your gift.)
Navigator club: Legacy Gifts
Help shape CWB’s future through a legacy or bequest by joining CWB’s Navigator Club
The Center for Wooden Boats is a leader in regional maritime heritage preservation initiatives and frequently referred to as one of Seattle’s “top ten museums”.
Throughout its growth CWB has held tightly to its core values:
- fueled by volunteers
- grounded in the community
- preserving craft and craftsmanship
- working in partnership
- creating opportunities for hands-on learning.
We are passionate about our role in preserving and sharing maritime history with people from all walks of life.
To learn more about how you can leave a lasting legacy at CWB, please download and return the Planned Giving form.
Complete a Planned Giving Form to learn more about leaving a legacy at CWB: