Steer By the Stars
The Center for Wooden Boats’ 40th annual fundraising auction and dinner celebration
Saturday, March 5, 2016
at the Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI)
in Lake Union Park, 860 Terry Ave N
TICKETS ON SALE NOW: Click here to buy tickets or a whole table
Your generous support of this event raises much-needed operating dollars, so we can:
- Provide hands-on instruction in sailing and maritime skills to kids of all ages
- Preserve small craft heritage for all to appreciate – no admission fee!
- Make access to water available to our entire community
- Change lives one boat at a time!
Entrees (choose one):
There is an open bar (beer and wine only) from 6-7pm, and wine will be pre-set on all tables before you are seated for dinner. If you run out of wine during the live auction, ask a server for more! You are also welcome to drink wine won in the Wine Surprise game.
What to Expect at the Event
Games include Heads or Tails, Wine Surprise, and more to be determined!
Cocktail attire is encouraged; and since we are celebrating our 40th Anniversary, ruby-themed outfits are welcome!
- 6pm: Doors Open, Silent Auction Opens, Games Open, Bar Opens
- 7:00pm: Silent Auction Closes, Games close, Guests asked to take seats
- 7:10pm: Heads or Tails Game
- 7:15pm: Live Auction Begins! Dinner served during show.
- 8:15-ish: Video Shown, Fund-a-Need, Dessert Dash
- 9:00pm: Program ends, you’re welcome to stick around and socialize!
If you have registered for the event and we have your address on file, we will mail you a hard copy of the Auction Catalog prior to the event. We will also email electronic copies of the catalog to those who we have email addresses for, and will post it here. Additional hard copies of the catalog will be available at the event.
To download the Procurement Form, click here.
Desserts should be stable at room temperature (no refrigeration available).
Donate a dessert to serve 10 – the more variety the better.
Dessert donations need to be dropped off at CWB on March 5, 2016 or have pick-up arranged in advance.
We are a 501c(3) non-profit organization, and you will receive a donation acknowledgement letter for your tax purposes. Our tax ID number is 91-1061721.