Steer By the Stars
The Center for Wooden Boats’ 40th annual fundraising auction and dinner celebration
Saturday, March 5, 2016
We’re planning something special for the 40th anniversary of this event… stay tuned!
Your generous support of this event raises much-needed operating dollars, so we can:
- Provide hands-on instruction in sailing and maritime skills to kids of all ages
- Preserve small craft heritage for all to appreciate – no admission fee!
- Make access to water available to our entire community
- Change lives one boat at a time!
Entrees (choose one):
Beer provided by Snoqualmie Brewing Company
There is an open bar (beer and wine only) from 5-7pm, and wine will be pre-set on all tables before you are seated for dinner. If you run out of wine during the live auction, ask a server for more! You are also welcome to drink beer or wine won in the Bean Bag Beer Toss or Wine Surprise games.
What to Expect at the Event
Games include Heads or Tails, Wine Surprise, Bean Bag Beer Toss, Balloon Pop, and Costume Contest. There will also be a raffle of boat naming rights, with the winner drawn live on stage.
Cocktail attire is encouraged; since the theme is “Steer by the Stars,” glittery or celestial-themed outfits are welcome and eligible to enter the Costume Contest.
- 4pm: Registration Opens
- 5pm: Event Start Time, Auctions Open, Games Open, Bar Opens
- 6:20pm: Blue Auction Closes
- 6:40pm: Silver Auction Closes
- 7:00pm: Gold Auction Closes, Games close, Guests asked to take seats
- 7:10pm: Heads or Tails Game
- 7:15pm: Live Auction Begins! Dinner served during show.
- 8:15-ish: Video Shown, Fund-a-Need, Dessert Dash
- 9:00pm: Event Ends
If you have registered for the event and we have your address on file, we will mail you a hard copy of the Auction Catalog prior to the event. We will also email electronic copies of the catalog to those who we have email addresses for, and will post it here. Additional hard copies of the catalog will be available at the event.
To download the Procurement Form, click here.
Desserts should be stable at room temperature (no refrigeration available).
Donate a dessert to serve 10 – the more variety the better.
Dessert donations need to be dropped off at the Seattle Design Center on March 21, 2015, or have pick-up arranged in advance.
We are a 501c(3) non-profit organization, and you will receive a donation acknowledgement letter for your tax purposes. Our tax ID number is 91-1061721.