Steer By the Stars
The Center for Wooden Boats’ 38th annual fundraising auction and dinner celebration
Thanks to all who attended our 2014 Auction. The next Auction will be on March 21, 2015.
View past Auction Catalog: >>Download Auction Catalog Now <<
Tickets ($125) and tables of ten ($1250) are available for 2015! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- Chicken: Honey Mustard Glazed Rosemary Chicken in a warm lemon and pea vinaigrette with roasted tri-colored carrots and fingerling potatoes
- Vegetarian: Lentil Stuffed Portabella with citrus-scented lentils, piquillo pepper puree, served with chef select market accompaniments
White: San Giorgio Pinot Grigio 2012
Red: Fabla Tempranillo Garnacha 2011
Beer provided by Snoqualmie Brewing Company
There is an open bar (beer and wine only) from 5-7pm, and wine will be pre-set on all tables before you are seated for dinner. If you run out of wine during the live auction, ask a server for more! You are also welcome to drink beer or wine won in the Bean Bag Beer Toss or Wine Surprise games.
What to Expect at the Event
Auctioneer Eric Mamroth will return this year, as will Emcee (and CWB Youth Program Staff Emeritus) Chris Maccini. Games include Heads or Tails, Wine Surprise, Bean Bag Beer Toss, Balloon Pop, and Costume Contest. There will also be door prize tickets for sale, with winners drawn live on stage.
- 4pm: Registration Opens
- 5pm: Event Start Time, Auctions Open, Games Open, Bar Opens
- 6:20pm: Blue Auction Closes
- 6:40pm: Second Auction Closes
- 7:00pm: Third Auction Closes, Games close, Guests asked to take seats
- 7:10pm: Heads or Tails Game
- 7:15pm: Live Auction Begins! Dinner served during show.
- 8:15-ish: Video Shown, Fund-a-Need, Dessert Dash
- 9:00pm: Event Ends
If you have registered for the event and we have your address on file, we will mail you a hard copy of the Auction Catalog on Monday, February 24th. We will also email electronic copies of the catalog to those who we have email addresses for, and will post it here. Additional hard copies of the catalog will be available at the event.
Cocktail attire is encouraged; since the theme is “Steer by the Stars,” glittery or celestial-themed outfits are welcome and eligible to enter the Costume Contest.
Your generous support of this event raises much-needed operating dollars, so we can:
- Provide hands-on instruction in sailing and maritime skills to kids of all ages
- Preserve small craft heritage for all to appreciate – no admission fee!
- Make access to water available to our entire community
- Change lives one boat at a time!
The final item procurement deadline is Friday, February 21st. The only donations accepted after the 21st will be DESSERT DASH items.
Desserts should be stable at room temperature (no refrigeration available).
Donate a dessert to serve 10 – the more variety the better.
Dessert donations need to be dropped off at the Seattle Design Center on March 1, 2014, or have pick-up arranged in advance. We are a 501c(3) non-profit organization, and you will receive a donation acknowledgement letter for your tax purposes. Our tax ID number is 91-1061721.
To download the Procurement Form, click here.